The Golf Tavern is located in towards the west of the city, in
the area of venues located around Tolcross. There is a
traditional bar downstairs, serving a full range of food and
drinks. It is also host to Edinburgh's' city centre golf course,
which can be utilised by performers for shows.
The Performance space is a cosy
upstairs room, with a small stage area and benefits from
additional cross promotion from it's owners other venues (Three
Sisters, Cabaret Voltaire) as well as the Free Festival's
There a small backstage area, and dressing room area that can be
utilised if needed.
All photos here are of the room in an unrigged state.
Performance Space: The Upstairs Bar
- Stage: 2.5m (wide) by 1.5m (deep) stage,
flat on floor. An entrance to stairs can be used as a backstage
- Capacity: Around 60, seated.
- Lighting: 2 x lights to flood the stage.
- Sound: 4 Channel Mixer, and full PA, with 2 Mics, Cables and Mic
stands and MP3 cables to plug in music.
- AV: TV Screen
- Storage: There is a very small area for
equipment at the venue for props and equipment, shared
with other groups.
- Bar: There is a bar in the room that can be open or
closed during shows.
- Accessibility: Not wheelchair accessible, venue is on the 1st
Photos of the Golf Tavern