Sofi's Southside has previously been Harry's Southside,
Southside Social, and before that Meadow Bar, and is one of our
oldest venues despite many changes - in operation since 2006.
It has been completely refurbished in late 2017, and the new
venue is larger, airier and gives performers now a larger and
more traditional performance space, next to a 1st floor holding
area - above the downstairs bar.
Situated on Buccleuch Street, a busy road in the Southside
area of Edinburgh, this venue is located in the heart of the area of Edinburgh most
associated with the Fringe, and is close to the Counting
House and Pear Tree, The Gilded Balloon, Udderbelly,
Assembly George Square and the Pleasance Dome.
The main bar is fresh, stylish and modern bar, situated on
the ground floor of the venue, which serves food, including main
meals and snacks, along with a full range of beers, wines and
The Performance space is located in the First
Floor bar, up a single staircase. It is suited, and aimed at stand-up comedy performance,
however it is possible for small-scale theatre or drama in the afternoon slots. Slots are
available from lunchtime to 3am.
Performance Space: Upstairs
- Stage: 2m (wide) by 1m (deep) flat on floor.
no backstage or wings.
- Capacity: Around 60, seated plus some standing.
- Lighting: 2 x lights to flood the stage.
- Sound: 4 Channel Mixer, and full PA, with 2 Mics, Cables and Mic
stands and MP3 cables to plug in music.
- AV: There is no AV in this room.
- Storage: There is a very small area for equipment at the venue for
props and equipment, shared with other groups.
- Bar: There is no bar in the room.
- Accessibility: Not wheelchair accessible, venue is up a flight
Sofi's Southside Images: