Raging Bull (formerly Moriarty's) is located on Lothian Road, close to
the Traverse theatre, Usher Hall and Lyceum Theatre. It's a
short walk from the Grassmarket, and numerous city bars in this
area of Edinburgh where people go for a night out. As well
as this, people travelling back into town from the Fringe's
Circus venues all go past the front door. As a venue, this
location proved to be very popular for audiences.
It is a friendly local bar, and the performance
spaces in the basement of the venue. The venue itself has been
refurbished in 2019.
Performance Space: Cellar
- Stage: 2m (wide) by 2m (deep) raised to 5cm.
Small Backstage area.
- Capacity: Around 60, seated plus some standing.
- Lighting: 2 x lights to flood the stage.
- Sound: 4 Channel Mixer, and full PA, with 2 Mics, Cables and Mic
stands and MP3 cables to plug in music.
- AV: There is a large screen in this room.
- Storage: There is a very small area for equipment at the venue for
props and equipment, shared with other groups.
- Bar: The bar in the room is not in operation during
- Accessibility: Not wheelchair accessible, venue is down a
flight of stairs.
Raging Bull Images: