Finnegan's Wake is
well known for it's music and Irish sports on TV. It is a large,
central and popular bar with a small room at the back where
Fringe performances take place during the day until 8pm before
the music starts in the main bar.
The venue is
exceptionally well located moments from the Royal Mile and Grassmarket,
and close to the Underbelly and Cowgate venues
The back room is located on the same
floor as the main bar, and is an intimate room which is fully
wheelchair accessible, in a venue with full facilities for
Performance Space: The Back Room
Stage: 2m (wide) x 1m (deep) raised to 5cm. No Wing space
or back stage, though entrance from disabled toilet entrance is possible that is
next to stage.
- Seating: Capacity 40 seated, in rows plus some room for standing.
Lighting: 2 x fixed spotlights to flood the stage.
- Sound: 4 Channel Mixer, Cable for MP3 player, 2 Mics, Cables and Mic
stands. Performers own sound equipment can be added easily
- AV: There is a large TV Screen in this room.
- Storage: There is a very small storage room for equipment at the venues
cellar for props
and equipment, shared with other groups
- Bar: There is no bar in the room.
- Access: The performance space is located on the ground floor and is
fully wheelchair accessible, with a disabled access toilet.
- Notes: The performance space is next to the main bar, there is a low
level of sound bleed that is sometimes higher on busy days.
Finnegan's Wake Video:
Finnegan's Wake Images: