The Pear Tree is the hub of the
Counting House Complex. It has an outdoor music stage with live
bands playing through the day, and an indoor performance space
Upstairs is the Counting House, home
to high-profile acts and smaller shows spread over three rooms,
and in the cellar is 32 Below venue with more performances.
During Fringe days and nights the
courtyard is always busy with Fringe goers and tourists, and it
is a area popular with people visiting nearby venues at Teviot,
George Square or are en-route to and from the Pleasance
Courtyard. There are numerous bars, a barbecue and plentiful
food and drink to keep audiences happy between shows.
Performance Space: The Basement
- Stage: 2.5m (wide) by 1.5m (deep) raised to
5cm. No wing space or backstage.
- Capacity: Around 120, seated
- Lighting: 2 x lights to flood the stage.
- Sound: 4 Channel Mixer, and full PA, with 2 Mics, Cables and Mic
stands and MP3 cables to plug in music.
- AV: There is a large screen in this room.
- Storage: There is a very small area for equipment at the venue for
props and equipment, shared with other groups.
- Bar: There is no bar in the room.
- Accessibility: Not wheelchair accessible, venue is up a short
flight of stairs from the courtyard.
Photos of the Pear Tree
Inside the performance space
The courtyard stage and outside